Thursday, May 17, 2007

A busy week

It had been a busy week for me & the kids. Since the last posting I made in early May, I never really had the chance to do any posting or visit any other blogs which I normally do. Since early last week, after the movie trip, I was busy preparing my kids for their Mid-Year Exam. I've never sent my kids for any tuition since they were in Std 1. As long as I can still teach them, I'll do that on my own.

When I was still working.... not so long ago, in the week before their exam week, I'll normally schedule all my sales visits in the morning so that I can be home by lunch to teach and monitor their study and to prepare them well for their exam. (In the sales line, we are free to come and go as we like, schedule our sales visits as and when, up to our liking and mood. It is so flexible that sometime, we don't even have to apply for leave if something came up.. impromptu ie. old friend calls for lunch, school events or even shopping. To my boss, as long as I'm bringing in new prospects and clients and meeting my targets, nothing else matters. You can go shopping, do errands, even sleep at home..nobody cares)

Back to exam....My daughter Sofea is in Std 2 and until now, she still hasn't understand the need to study for exam...exam or not, she couldn't care less. I really need to lecture her about the needs to study & prepare for exam...No doubt she's a smart girl but if you don't practise to answer exam questions properly, still U won't get good result. It'll be full of careless mistakes. Even if I managed to get her to study, she won't stay for long...after 5 to 10 mins, she'll start to wander off or play with Adib. But if she can grab hold of her storybook, amboi!!!! 1 hour passed just like that! Sometime siap boleh argue ngan mama dia..
"Sofea, study lah..kan nak exam"
"Nak study aper Mama..."
"Study all the subjects la...read the school books & do the exercise books yg Mama beli"
"Kan Cikgu dah ajar Sofea dah...kat sekolah"
"Cikgu ajar dah lama...mesti Sofea dah luper sikit ...kena read again, so U remember the answers"
"Sofea sill remember la Mama"

I remember when she was in Std 1, she hardly study for exam, main jawab ajer....ok pulak...but anyhow, I still need to instill studying habit in her. Std 1 is still pretty easy...more common sense. But now, she's in Std 2. The questions getting harder n harder.

As for my eldest,Izzat, not so much of a problem. He knows when to study, but, his only interests only in Science & Math....but most & foremost.... History...any kind of histories, he'd be interested especially sejarah para Rasul, Nabi & Pahlawan Islam. He knows most of the histories of our Nabis, Rasuls, Ancient Rome, Ancient Egypt, Iskandar Zulkarnain (or Alexander The Great-he'd read both versions) and many other ancient histories. His superheroes are Umar Khatab, Uthman Bin Affan, Sayyidina Ali & Abu Bakar Al-Sidiq and their stories are at his fingertips. Too bad, they don't have History subject in Std 5...

As for BM & English, so-so only. Sekejap A...sekejap B...Since early this month, he insisted to go for tuition as most of his friends go tuition and they scored in exam....so as he said la.." Takper la Darling, U want to go tuition, I send U " (he has since started tuition begin early May)... we'll see your result this July & final whether it makes any different.


Anyway kids, I have done my best to teach all the subjects my way....all the best to you!

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all the Mamas especially all the blogging Mamas out there!!!! But most importantly...to my dearest Mak ....sorry, for not being there with U to celebrate this auspicious day like we normally do every year.

I plan to go n see my dearest Mak this Sat for a belated hugs & kisses. Need to remind myself to bake a carrot cake and Pizza(her absolute favourite)for her.

Last Saturday on eye of Mother's Day, Abah bought me a new HP..Thanks Abah. He knows I been wanting that Motorola -Motto Razr since late last year when I was about to resign knowing my -canggih company owned Nokia phone- will have to be handed back to the company. So I've been planning to buy Motorola using my last drawn salary...tapi tak terbeli lagi until my beloved Abah gave it as a Mother's Day gift..Yeay!!! Ya Allah....murahkanlah rezeki suami ku...Amin.

Anyway, sempat juga gi celebrate Mother's Day with several closed friends in the neighbourhood. After telling Izzat the pages he has to do in the exercise books, my friends and me (plus Sofea la....if I don't bring her memang confirmed takkan study, so I brought her along since 2 of my friends brought their daughters too, happened to be Sofea's best friends) went to have Hi-Tea in Sun & Surf at Sunway Hotel & Resort; of course with Abah's permission. After Hi-Tea, we (the Mamas & daughters)went merayau at Sunway Pyramid for a while...got myself a blouse...nice one...then on our way home sempat lagi having nice chats at Secret Recipe in our neighbourhood before adjourning ourselves. Merayau sakan kaum Ibu while our husbands golfing. Once home....continue ajar anak... nak periksa!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Izzsofead.. Opah De balas kunjungan. Kak Lady the best kan! Kalau tak kerana dia, kita tak jumpa... ahakz... opah link. Anak-anak sekarang ni cam gitu lerr... manja bebeno.. cewah, cam ada pengalaman huhu... take care dan datang lagi ler. Erm. bubuh ler cbox, leh borak-borak secara live... huhu..

Intan said...

Salam Izzsofead! Thanks for visiting my blog. Kedai Giftmine tu, memang ramai orang sesat dan give-up mencari. Patut tukar nama ke Goldmine!

izzsofead said...

Opah De- thanks for dropping by. Cbox tuh nanti ler ye...sekarang nak post entry pun payoh...takder maser...dulu masa start blog ingat leh post every 2 days ke..la nih ..cam once a week plak...he..he..

Intan-Tu lah...kena pasang banner besar2 kot...tengok barang2 kat situ cam sesuai ajer nak decorate bilik my girl. Harus pergi !!!!